Job interviews typically consist of a hiring team asking your questions about your professional experience and goals. As well, a hiring manager may detail the job’s duties and requirements. And while an interview is primarily focused on you, your skills, and your work ethic, don’t forget that this is also an opportunity for you to interview the company.
Asking the right questions, at the right time, during a job interview can be key in ensuring that the position you’re interviewing for is a perfect fit for your professional experience and career goals.
You’ll also like:
Questions to Initiate Meaningful Dialogue During Your Next Interview
1. What does success look like in the first 90 days?
2. What are the biggest challenges of this role?
3. What are the most important things I should focus on during my first three months of employment?
4. What are my prospects for growth and advancement? What professional development opportunities does this company provide?
5. When it comes to culture, where does this company shine? How important is work-life balance to the company’s leadership?
6. Can you take me through an average day in this position?
7. What are your biggest concerns for the department and the team right now?
8. Is there a possibility that the responsibilities for this role could change in the near future?
9. What is the overall style of management of leadership at the company?
10. What advantages does this organization have over its competitors?
SUBSCRIBE TO GET BLOGS TO YOUR INBOX
Keep The Conversation Going
Be sure to ask one question at a time and try to avoid posing follow-up questions that require only yes or no answers. Use open-ended questions to keep the conversation going.
And while you’re preparing a list of questions for your prospective employer, don’t forget to review commonly asked questions that the hiring manager may pose to you. You can expect to be asked about your strengths and weaknesses. As well, employers also like to hear about times when faced and overcame adversity in the workplace.
The recruiters at Star Staffing go beyond just finding you a job. These professionals provide the tools and support you need to become a happier, healthier employee. If you’re looking for more interview advice, check out these blogs!
FOR YOUR CARREER GROWTH:
ABOUT STAR STAFFING
With over 20 years in the staffing industry, Star Staffing has thrived as a top temporary staffing agency recognized multiple years by Forbes for excellent service. Star Staffing supports multiple industries including food and wine, events and hospitality, warehouse and distribution, and more. As the economy heals, we look forward to maintaining our promise: We are here when you need us.
Star Staffing is a full-service workforce solutions firm. We focus on making the best match between employee and employer. With offices throughout Northern California including Sacramento, Fairfield, Napa, Petaluma, Lodi, and Santa Rosa, Star Staffing is just a phone call or click away.