If you are looking for an opportunity to work at a warehouse or distribution center, then you apply for picker packer jobs. Wholesalers, retailers, and manufacturers often have distribution centers where they hole inventory before shipping to consumers or trade buyers. As a picker packer, you will have to perform several duties that generally focus on preparing packages for shipment and pulling inventory for orders.
What Makes a Great Picker Packer?
To be a top picker packer, you first have to be physically strong because you will have to pick up boxes and put them away, or take boxes out of storage and bring them out to where they need to be. You might be tasked to put the boxes on pallets or in vans for shipment, and weigh items as they arrive. You might also have to create labels and do all the paperwork needed for shipment.
As a picker packer, you also have to keep the work area clean and organized, so that the entire inventory needed is stored and ready for use.
Skills You Need to Land a Picker Packer Job
If you are applying for a picker packer job, you have to mention a number of qualifications and skills in your resume to fit the job requirements. You can use the following statements under the “Skills/Strengths” section of your resume, or you can use these as pointers for an interview:
- Highly skilled in packaging and picking a wide variety of items, as well as completing manual and computerized forms or shipping documents.
- Proven record of arranging, placing, sealing, marking and tagging of items
- Excellent knowledge of packing procedures and standard warehouse operating procedures
- Hands-on experience in operating vans/pick trucks/fork lifters to pull inventory from the warehouse or distribution center
- Hands-on experience in counting and storing various product items efficiently
- Experienced in reading conditions and identifying the accurate parts for fulfilling customer orders
- Great attention to detail with accuracy
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs without support and perform routine packing work
So if you have these skills and you believe you are right for the job, go ahead and apply for that picker packer position!
If you feel that a picker packer position is not the best choice for you, check out Star Staffing for employment opportunities. We know how hard a job search can be, and our goal is to make finding a new career easier for you. Reach out to us today!
Subscribe to our Star Blog and never miss a post!