Making major decisions about your professional future it’s always easy––especially when faced with choosing between two great job offers. While comparing the pros and cons of each of the jobs themselves is a great starting point, you’ll also want to compare the prospective employers as well.
Here are a few factors to consider when comparing similar employment opportunities between companies.
These Questions Initiate a Meaningful Evaluation
- Are there opportunities for growth and development?
- Does the company culture suit your personality and work ethic?
- Salary? How does the company compare to its competition when it comes to salary and pay structure?
- Are the company’s benefits competitive?
- Is the bonus structure transparent?
- What additional company perks come with the job?
Does the company support and facilitate a healthy work-life balance?
- What would your daily commute look like?
- How much input would you have in addressing workload?
- What is the quality of your prospective coworkers?
- What appeals to be the level of employee satisfaction among present and past employees?
Not sure where to look for these answers? Job recruiting sites and social media are great places to start. Read employee reviews and company employment ratings. Try to network with people who’ve worked for the company you’re interested in.
Get more expert career tips like this – straight to your inbox!
And while you may need to do some research to find the answers to these questions, don’t forget to pay close attention during an interview. What is the temperature of the atmosphere? It’s it warm and inviting or cool and suspicious?
Finally, never discredit your own intuition. If you think you’ve found your dream job, but something just feels “off” about a company or its hiring team, your gut may be onto something.
Ready to start exploring the job market? Star Staffing is here to help! If you’re looking for more interview advice, check out these blogs!
ABOUT STAR STAFFING
With over 20 years in the staffing industry, Star Staffing has thrived as a top temporary staffing agency recognized multiple years by Forbes for excellent service. Star Staffing supports multiple industries including food and wine, events and hospitality, warehouse and distribution, and more. As the economy heals, we look forward to maintaining our promise: We are here when you need us.
Star Staffing is a full-service workforce solutions firm. We focus on making the best match between employee and employer. With offices throughout Northern California including Sacramento, Fairfield, Napa, Petaluma, Lodi, and Santa Rosa, Star Staffing is just a phone call or click away.